The Musings of SEAY -THOUGHTS ABOUT MUSIC FOR THE SOUL, THE ARTS AND PEACE ON EARTH


Dec 30, 2009

Whisperings Solo Piano Concert at The Sound Kitchen


It was an incredible evening hearing David Lanz Perform at the Sound Kitchen in Franklin, Tn this past fall. I got a surprise email from reviewer RJ Lannan inviting me out to the Whisperings Concert to hear a group of solo pianists. I was so glad I attended. Never before have I left a concert so moved by an artist's presence. David Lanz was like a huge ball of energy, from the quietest notes to the most dramatic, I sat there in awe at his seemingly effortless ability to become one with the piano. I cried when he played Christofari's dream, a piece I remembered from somewhere in the back of my mind: one of the first contemporary instrumental hit s.
The thing that has stayed with me from that concert was David's energy: A fully self realized creative force, walking in his own light, 30 solo albums recorded of his own material, knowing his purpose..just amazing and inspiring. I can never thank RJ Lannan enough for the invitation and for his kindness in his reviews of my material. It was such a wonderful event and a great synchronicity with Paul Speer (David Lanz' partner) who lives in Memphis. Maybe we'll get a collaboration going.